Happy National Poetry Month! Here are some ways to join the celebration:
- Introduce this year’s National Poetry Month poster, designed by a high school student for the first time ever.
- Invite your students to participate in the Dear Poet Project by writing letters in response to videos of our award-winning Chancellors reading their work. We will consider all letters for publication on Poets.org beginning in May 2019, and our Chancellors will reply to select letters of their choosing.
- Take a look at these poems about reading and writing and these lesson plans about ars poeticas.
- Save the date for this year's Poem in Your Pocket Day. On April 18, people across North America will carry poems to share with others throughout the day. Download a packet of poems for the occasion and learn how to bring Poem in Your Pocket Day to schools, bookstores, libraries, public spaces, and on Twitter (with the hashtag #pocketpoem).
- Share your activities with us on social media with the hashtags #NationalPoetryMonth and #pocketpoem.
For National Library Week, read poems celebrating libraries, librarians, and books.